Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Get Your VISA!!!

Hi Again,

So currently I'm in a library at San Francisco waiting for the Indian Embassy to approve my visa for India. In order to get through customs when arriving in India, one has to fill out an application online and visit an Indian Embassy in his/her country of citizenship, which will then determine if a visa can be approved. This process takes about 7-8 days and I just realized this reality yesterday at 7pm. It is now 4:12pm.

As many of you know I am absent-minded but still possess the ability to lead a group of 16 UCB students to Panama and live in the rainforrest with an indigenous group. God does genuinely have a sense of humor when he crafted my mind. Since I've only traveled in Latin America, the procedure is as follows: get your passport, fly to your destination, answer a few questions at customs, and finally receive a stamped visa on your passport. This is not the case in India...and now I have flown back to SF to plead to the Indian embassy (because SF is the only place with an Indian Embassy in CA) that my plane leaves in 7 hours and I promise not be a menace to the Indian society. With teary eyes and a great BIG smile they allowed me cut in front of the already frustrated line, and file for a same day visa but cannot guarantee that I will receive it today...but there is a possibility.

So now I wait until 5:30 and pray that God finds favor on his creation that he made while perhaps slightly under the influence (of humor of course). Send good vibes send great vibes...please.

2 comments:

  1. Jazzmin Adibi! I love you! YOure an amazing human being, and i have nothing but confidence in you. You will be great, you will grow, learn new ways to love and most importantly, you will be living life to the fullest. I send you all my good vibes ~~~.Wish you the best amiga. <3 cuidate.
    ~Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats my girl, keep moving so our Lord may continue to direct you!!! I am so proud you have chosen to Live your Life!!! Mom and Dad Love you so very much and Thank God you are such an inspriation to your little sisters.

    ReplyDelete